Clyde
Is there any grammar error in the paragraph below? But where some investors see dynamic exuberance, others see a market increasingly threatened by a confluence of forces including onerous domestic regulations and global trade tensions. The biggest risk? Another dot-com reckoning, the Chinese version of a cycle that erased billions of dollars of value from America’s tech sector in the 2000s and chilled tech investment for years. I think the last sentence lacks verbs. What's your opinion? The paragraph is from WSJ.com.As an English learner, the English grammar told me that a sentence must contain at least a subject and verb. But what's the verb in the last sentence? i.e., "Another dot-com reckoning, the Chinese version of a cycle that erased billions of dollars of value from America’s tech sector in the 2000s and chilled tech investment for years."
The reason the last 'sentence' lacks verbs is that it isn't a sentence. It's an answer to the question posed by the second to last sentence. That also lacks a verb, as it is missing the initial 'what is', but is perfectly understandable.
I think it's written perfectly fine and pretty standard for a WSJ article.
Clyde
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese