What is "tap water" called in "faucet water" in the USA? Thank you :)
Oct 14, 2018 11:25 AM
Answers · 5
Literally, water that comes out of the faucet in sinks (that's regulated by the EPA).
October 14, 2018
Thank you, Mike. My main question is whether the distinction between "tap" and "faucet" is not maintained in this context in AmE or not, since as far as I know, "tap" isn't used in American English. I also remember seeing an American movie in which one of the actors (an American) asked the waiter for "tap water".
October 15, 2018
You could also just ask for “ ice water”. In a restaurant the server may ask if you want lemon. In that case they will add a slice of lemon to your water glass.
October 14, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
Arabic, English, French
Learning Language
English, French