XiaoDeng
some doubts: pull yourself together... 1 pull yourself together 2 get yourself together 3 get it together 4 pull it together Of the four which is the most common one? Here is my guess: get yourself together. Are there any notable differences between The ones with "yourself" and the ones with " it"? I often mix them up altogether. Sorry, English.
Mike's answer is the best.
"Pull yourself together" is probably the most common. "Get yourself together" is not very commonly said, at least not in the US. There is not any real difference in meaning between "Pull it together" versus "pull yourself together" with the exception that the ones that use "it" can be addressed to a group.
I’m not an English English major but if your talking directly to one person the most common is “You need to pull yourself together” and to more than one person like a team you would say: “we need to get it together” we’re losing the game.
XiaoDeng
Chinese (Other), English