A*P
Grammar of 吃了也是自吃的 ? Hi, can you translate me this dialogue? In particular: → What is the grammar of 吃的到的 ? → What is the grammar of 吃了也是自吃的 ? -- 人吃饭分成三种 -- 哪三种? -- 吃的到的 -- 是 -- 吃不到的, 吃了也是自吃的 My translation: -- Men when eating, they can be grouped in three categories: -- Which ones? -- -- Yes, -- Thanks
You have errors in your dialog.... -- 人吃饭 /可/ 分成三种 -- 哪三种? -- 吃/得/到的 Those who are able to eat. The first "der"(得) means "able to". The second (的) the possessive case of those who are able to eat. -- 是 -- 吃不到的,Those who are not able to eat, 吃了也是/白/ 吃的 Even if they can eat, would be a waste. Since you did not provide the situation or context, we cannot infer what the exact meaning of these words. So the translation is as ambiguous as the source text. It can mean a gazillion things.
吃得到的。 吃了也白吃。 对吗?
Hi, yes when I wrote down I made little mistakes... Dialogue is from a kind of Cabaret. A friend gave me the link, just to get confident with listening. https://youtu.be/mbJL_sF3fS4 → at minute 1.22 Since 的 得 地 are important, I wanted to understand. Your answer and Jeff 's answer are similar, so the answer is solved. Still is a bit of mystery... Many thanks.
I assume you have made a mistake, the word '自' has non sense in the context, commonly it should be instead by '白'. Here is my translation: -- Men when eating, they can be grouped in three categories: -- Which ones? -- Man can eat something by himself depending on his competence. -- Yes, -- Man can't eat something by himself because he don't have the competence, and man can eat something without understanding why he can, more like of wasting what he have eaten. These words contain a lot of metaphors, it must be comprehended by the environment. Hope this can help you.
发重了。抱歉。
A*P
Chinese (Mandarin), French, Hindi, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
Spanish