Ben
What is the difference between 我见 过 他 and 我认识他? Does 我见 过 他 mean that I have met him, maybe only once or a few times, but that I don't know him well? Or can it be even that I have him around and know who he is, but we have never actually met? And 我认识他 means that I know him at least fairly well? 谢谢!:-)
您好, Ben I'm a Chinese learner. This is how I understand your difficulty. 我见过他 could mean I met him before (despite of the frequency), it doesn't indicate whether both of you know each other. I could say 我去伦敦时,那儿见过David Beckham. While 我认识他 means I recognize him, obviously I know that person. Yet, it isn't necessarily if he knows me. You can combine both sentences to clarify both meanings. 他见过我,不过他不认识我。He met me, but he didn't recognize me. We'll see how the Chinese speakers view on it.
jiàn-guò = have seen before rèn-shi = be acquainted with
As in English, 我见 过 他 is translated as "I had seen him". 我认识他 = "I recognized him" or "I know of him"
Ben
Bulgarian, Chinese (Mandarin), English, Finnish, French, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
Finnish, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian