Aya
How to write south and north Korea in Korean language??? 한국 does this mean south and north Korea? or there is a difference.
Originally I think 한국 is meant to mean the whole of Korea, to South Koreans, but naturally they use it to mean South Korea. And when talking specifically of North Korea, they use 북한. As for the official name of South Korea (The Republic of Korea) it is 대한민국. North Korea (The People's Democratic Repiblic of Korea), I don't remember, but it's very long. ㅋㅋㅋ North Koreans on the other hand, call Korea 조선 and South Korea 남조선. To any native Koreans, feel free to correct me, if there's any mistakes or I've misunderstood something~
In my experience, most Koreans I know are from South Korea but just say 한국 in Korean. Sometimes they say 'I'm from South Korea' to foreigners when speaking English, though. They have another word for North Korea.. but I forget it. :)
Official name of North Korea : 조선민주주의인민공화국(Democratic People's Republic of Korea : DPRK) Official name of South Korea : 대한민국(Republic of Korea : ROK) 1) In South Korea South Korea : 대한민국, 한국(Short form of 대한민국), 남한(compare to 북한) North Korea : 북한 2) In North Korea North Korea : 조선민주주의인민공화국, 조선(Short form of 조선민주주의인민공화국), 북조선(compare to 남조선) South Korea: 남조선
thank you :)
South Korea - 남한 (but most South Korean say just 한국) North Korea - 북한
Aya
Arabic, English, Korean, Spanish