Cheke
How can I use the word "Further" in sentences? How can I use the word "Further" in sentences?
Hello, "Further" is mainly used to describe one point of interest being a greater distance away from another point of interest. For example: The school is further than the grocery store. This means that the school is a greater distance from you than the store is.
The further you are from an object the harder it is to make out details
The three previous commenters have all mistaken the word further for farther (spelled with an A). "far" = "a long distance" "farther" = "more" (distance) "further" = "more" (not distance) Example: You must deliver further documents to the office farther down the street.
The above comment is incorrect. The comparative conjugation of far is farther not further. See my answer.
Further is the comparative conjugation of far So as you use: Nice > nicer She is nice She is nicer than you Good > better This is good This is better than that, You do the same with the word far: Far > further I live far from you Don't think inside the box, you have got to think further!
Cheke
English, Japanese, Serbian
English, Serbian