Robert
"sliding abrasion, chemical attack" could someone give me definition? could someone give definition of these words or synonyms , they concern the durability of the material, I need an exact translation to not make a fool of myself on my defence master's thesis:) and the most wonderful thing would be if someone translated it into Polish:)in too many news we all read about chemical attack, but I don't think so that in this case I don't think that't the point here:) Maybe I should give the whole context "CMC (ceramic matrix composite) material is resistant to sliding abrasion and chemical attack"
I don't know Polish, sorry! An abrasion: the skin has been rubbed off. For example if you are riding a bicycle and you fall on the pavement and slide on the ground. The skin will be gone when you stand up and the injury will burn, or sting. A chemical attack is when a gas like sarin, phosgene or chlorine is used to harm people.
I am not sure, delamination in most common situation is some kind of damage coused by mechanical strength
I think it would be resistant to oxidation, acid or basic chemicals harming the material. It will not rust or corrode. as far as the abrasion in this context could de-lamination be a synonym?
Robert
Dutch, English, German, Polish, Russian
Dutch, English, German, Russian