Lucia
What's the difference between using 니 and 지 at the end of a question?
a. When you ask something to a older person than you (most of case to children, but actually people use it to ask something a little more lovely) you use ~니 at the end of the question example: 1. 먹었니? did you eat? (lovely) 2. 오늘은 헬스장에 갔니? did you went to the gym? (lovely) 3 오빠, 이걸 날위해 샀니?oppa, did you buy this for me? (lovely) b. And when you want yo say (of course ....) or justo want yo add (_______, right?) you use the end 지 or 죠 (formal) example: 1. 오늘은 날씨가 넘 좋았지? today the weather was good, right? 2. 걔가 진짜 이쁘지? that girl is pretty, right? 3. 오늘은 너와 함께 영화권에 가지. of course today I will go with you to the cinema. 4. 여자친구 없지. of course I don't have girlfriend.
You know, it's funny, I actually agree with the "torch wielding guy". I don't know how to explain it, but yeah, it does kinda feel that way, doesn't it. lol.
I feel that when using 지 it is more "settled" already, while 니 has more of a "curious" feel to it. Just a feeling though.
Lucia
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Italian, Korean
English, Italian, Korean