Magdy
What the exact meaning of "تهاب " in this sentence in english or french ? In here : الله لابد أن يكون قوة ترغب وتخشى وتهاب لا إله إلا هو
the most close english word that I can find in my poor english is "respected" it's from الهيبة which means a high degree of respect and prestige
قوة تُهاب means the power we have to highly respect. It is a passive form of the verb. The active verb is هاب - يهاب
The passive verb "تُهاب" is from "الهيبة: أو المهابة " which means "الإجلال والمخافة" according to Lisan al-Arab lexicon. therefore, I think "awe" which means "A feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder" -according to oxford dictionary- is a more accurate translation to "الهيبة" or "المهابة".
I think means (afraid ) يهاب يخشى يخاف it's same meninges
Magdy
Arabic, Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Maghrebi), English, French, German, Italian, Persian (Farsi), Turkish
Arabic, Arabic (Egyptian), English, Persian (Farsi), Turkish