Is it correct to say: I think that you've overstepped your terms of reference, I think that you've overstepped your terms of reference. As a way to express that I'm disappointed because someone starts talking about my personal issues. thanks in advance.
Oct 28, 2018 12:28 PM
Answers · 5
That sounds awkward. It's better to say that you'd rather not talk about that and then change the subject.
October 28, 2018
Perhaps something more direct like, "That's personal." And if they continue, "You're overstepping again. Please stop." That should get the point across quickly if you say it in a stern tone. Good luck with this troublesome person.
October 28, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Learning Language
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish