What do I need to know to be pre-intermediate in English?
I want to know what I should learn to get closer to the pre-intermediate level. What I must be able to do when my English level is pre-intermediate.
1. Increase your vocabulary. Look for lists online of the 5000 most common words in English.
2. Know basic sentence construction - subject+verb+object.
3. Know subject-verb agreement.
4. Know when to use each of the 12 tenses.
5. Know when to use a gerund vs. an infinitive.
6. Start learning phrasal verbs.
7, Know the difference between subject, object, and possessive pronouns.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!
I'll give you my definition of pre-Intermediate. If you can speak, having a conversation or giving an explanation for 2 to 3 minutes, uninterrupted, and the other person can understand you, then I believe you are there.
November 8, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!