Vladimir
What do I need to know to be pre-intermediate in English? I want to know what I should learn to get closer to the pre-intermediate level. What I must be able to do when my English level is pre-intermediate.
1. Increase your vocabulary. Look for lists online of the 5000 most common words in English. 2. Know basic sentence construction - subject+verb+object. 3. Know subject-verb agreement. 4. Know when to use each of the 12 tenses. 5. Know when to use a gerund vs. an infinitive. 6. Start learning phrasal verbs. 7, Know the difference between subject, object, and possessive pronouns. That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!
Hi Vladimir The problem is that there isn't a universally recognised definition of "Pre-Intermediate". The best attempt (in my opinion) to make levels clearer is the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The CEFR is an attempt to standardise language learning by 6 levels. The CEFR has been translated into many languages. You'll see that Russian is one of options. https://www.coe.int/en/web/common-european-framework-reference-languages/official-translations-of-the-cefr-global-scale
I'll give you my definition of pre-Intermediate. If you can speak, having a conversation or giving an explanation for 2 to 3 minutes, uninterrupted, and the other person can understand you, then I believe you are there.
Vladimir