What are the common ways of expressing happiness?
Let's say , I won the first place in a competition, and I was definitely happy at that time .
What are the alternatives of saying that " I was definitely happy at that time ."
I've come up with some but I'm not sure if they sound too exaggerated or not commonly used in daily conversations.
1: I was on cloud nine at that time .
2. I was overwhelmed with joy at that time .
3. I was delighted / overjoyed / thrilled at that time .
4. I was on top of the world at that time .
5. I was as happy as a clam at that time .
6. I was over the moon at that time
7 I was in seventh heaven at that time .
Do these expressions sound weird in daily conversations or are they exaggerated too much for this context ? Thanks a lot !