saeiiiid
Is this sentence well-formed? Hello dear native speakers Children playing in the school playground, although under their teacher's supervision, hit each other. Liz, the smallest of them, fell down abd hurt herself badly. 1)Am I using the word "although" correctly here? Or should I say " despite their teacher's supervision"? 2) should I use " the" before the word "children" or it can work better without "the"? Thanks a lot
1. You should use despite. 2. I would start the sentence with despite, but if you don't I would include "the" before children. Although is used to provide information that could prove something untrue or a reason to not do something. Despite is used to explain that something is done even when there is an obstacle of some kind. He seems like a good guy, although I have seen him hit somebody before. (reason against a position) I want to go the beach, although it might rain. (reason not to go) I want to go to the beach, despite the fact that it is raining. (obstacle that will be disregarded)