Is this sentence grammatically correct and does it sound natural? The party is a totalitarian existence which doesn't treat people as citizens but rather ignorant kids with little respect.
Thank you
kids and children are interchangeable. I am a professional English teacher and I disagree with the other answer who says "if you are talking formally use children". I feel he used kids in this expression simply because it is a shorter word.
A "kid" is a baby goat. If you are talking at all formally, use "children".
Thank you, Colin. And why did you use 'children' rather than 'kids'? Is there any difference?
Hi David! Take a look at my correction for you: The party is totalitarian, and doesn't treat people as citizens, but rather ignorant children unworthy of respect. You wouldn't use the word 'existence' in that sentence because the word 'totalitarian' already describes a state of existence. Also, don't forget to add commas after 'totalitarian' and 'citizens'. Let me know what you think. I hope that helps!