Alex
To before a verb. Please let me know the details. Hello. I have seen one sentence in profile of one teacher from UK. She teachs English, therefore I stick with an opinion that she is right. But usually I use this rule in another way. So, She has wrote: "My main goal is to help my students improve their ability to express themselves.". I thought that the right methot to write it is: "My main goal is to help my students TO improve their ability to express themselves.". Please let me know who is right?
Yeah, I got it. Thank you Dwane. It was very helpful to know about bare infinitives.
Hello my name is Dwane and I am a professional teacher on italki. After the verb help it can be followed by the bare infinitive (improve) or a -to infinitive (to improve) also students is third person plural and the verb conjugation is -they improve so it is best to use the bare infinitive in this example.... check out my teacher profile and schedule a session :-) www.italki.com/teacherhelpme