ildikodeak
Deceptive hi There, can anyone help me out with this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMJmUiqTy2Y&list=WL&index=41&t=0s at 1:21 the man is saying "thanks to its deceptive location..." the problem is, that I don't really understand what deceptive means here, because from the rest of the sentence I would just conclude totally the opposite meaning.. or maybe he is saying a different word? thanks a lot for your help!!
Yep, the word is definitely 'deceptive'. "Thanks to its deceptive location, there is no chance you will get lost". The narrator is essentially saying, that the hotel's location is better than what it appears and you won't get lost. He's sort of saying that on first glance, the hotel's location may give you the impression of not being so great. But actually, it's location is good.
hi Zowee, thanks for your help :)
I think what he means is, it looks as if it's down a difficult street where you might get lost, but actually - if you go onto the roof you know exactly where you are! It's deceptive due to its special rooftop terrace :)