Kay
How to understand "I have always lived life resigning myself"? what does "resign" mean in the sentence?
“Resigning yourself to something” means accepting something negative or non-ideal. I’ve resigned myself to having a job I hate. I used to have dreams of having meaningful work but now it’s all about paying the bills. I’m resigned to being alone. I’ll never find someone to love me. (Alternate non-reflexive wording) So the statement, which is a little odd, describes the speaker as someone who doesn’t have high ambitions for a happy life.
I think in this context it might mean you've given in to negative or unavoidable things in life? It's a bit of an odd way to phrase it though without further explanation, it's almost like the sentence ended too early. Typically you'd want to continue and say what you're resigning yourself to. "Resigning myself to a cold winter" or "Resigning myself to working with a rude coworker". Hope that helps!
Sounds incomplete. You must resign yourself TO something. It is like doing something that you won't like doing, but doing it anyway. "I worked (without wanting to) with my rude co-worker today, because the project had to be finished by tomorrow" "The project had to be finished by tomorrow, so I resigned (myself) to working with my rude co-worker