Pineapple
reference of "including" Does "including" in the following text refer to "My account of this relationship", "a multifaceted relationship", or "various ways"? Context: The relationship between art and advertising now seems richer and more complex than ever. My account of this relationship has been wide ranging, showing a multifaceted relationship that operates in various ways, including shared practices, appropriations, exchanges, encounters, overlaps, crossovers and convergences.
In my opinion, the "including" refers to the "various ways" immediately preceding it. Oh, and I'm sorry Cole, but I think the poster's other question should have the answer "yes", in that I read the " two cases" as being art and advertising. ...
"My account of this relationship" and "a multifaceted relationship" refer to the same thing. The "including" refers to the relationship.