Igor
"he was kinda stoked" ? I am trying to find the proper slang equivalent in my language for the phrase above. It is from https://youtu.be/Gtffv9bpB-U (1:48-1:55). "Well, the second little piggy, well he was kinda stoked. He spent most of his time just a ganja smoking. Huffing and a puffin down on Venice Beach. Getting paid money for religious speech..." Dictionaries give for "to stoke" the meaning of "to fill up, to make your feelings more emotional". And for "stoked" - "to be very excited and happy about everything around you". But the second line of this passage gives us a hint that it is a bit different kind of excitement. So, can I understand that if the second pig "was kinda stoked" in this narration, he was "high", "strung out", "blissed out", or even "out of his rocker a bit" not to care much about everything, his "religious speech" including?
Keep in mind that "ganja" is slang for marijuana (cannabis). ahdictionary.com offers an entry for "stoked" that is separate from "stoke", and it is: 1. Exhilarated or excited. 2. Being or feeling high or intoxicated, especially from a drug. So, he was high on marijuana. This is confirmed by the context and the video itself. I'm not exactly sure about "getting paid money for religious speech," but I am thinking that he was panhandling (begging), but evading any local ordinances against it by doing it in the form of religious preaching. Because of freedom of religion in the United States, there is a great deal of tension in this area; authorities are reluctant to enforce laws if the person violating them claims to be practicing their religion. So I am imagining someone with a little spiel (talk) that is religious in content, and an invitation--explicit or implied--for people to put money in a cup or hat or guitar case. Venice Beach is famous, but I don't know much about it. This article may give you some background: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1997-aug-24-me-25509-story.html It refers to a "subtle dance between the haves and have-nots." And when a panhandler is told "Move along, you can't panhandle here," he replies "This ain't panhandling, this here's a donation." A traditional telling of the fable of the Three Little Pigs includes recurrent repetitions of the wolf saying "I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down!" and the narrator echoing "So he huffed, and he puffed, and he blew the house down." This obviously invites reinterpretation in terms of marijuana.
No one uses "to stoke" this is out of fashion. But they do use "stoked". Typcially this means excited. This is a song, and is not meant to make sense. In fact, the song is out of fashion.