Pelin
Are these sentences OK? Someone close to me died in a hit and run accident. And, perpetrator of the incident was never found.
Someone close to me died in a hit and run accident, and the perpetrator of the incident was never found.
The first sentence is great! The second sentence is not entirely correct, however. You can have the sentence written has "But the perpetrator...", "And the perpetrator...", or you could (and this would be more correct if you did) combine the two sentences together like "Someone close to me died..., but the perpetrator... was never found." The conjunctions "and", "but", and "or" typically don't start off sentences, but rather connect them.
Hi Pelin. Mostly ok but some vocabulary you used sounds a bit too formal. Also try and avoid the passive. Someone close to me died in a hit and run accident. No problems here! And, perpetrator of the incident was never found. BUT not 'and'. Shows the contrast with sentence before. I would go for simpler English here. 'They never found the person responsible. Hope this helps. Gerald