Ritika
please check this paraphrasing In many places, new homes are needed, but the only space available for building them is in the countryside, some people believe it is more important to protect the countryside and not to build new homes there. Paraphrase- My people need houses to live, and the rural areas are the only option left for the construction, however, many believe that rather than building homes, it is imperative to save the countryside.
I've corrected yours and provided another alternative. Many people need houses to live, and the rural areas are the only option left for their construction. However, many believe that rather than building homes, it is imperative to save the countryside. The countryside faces conflicting demands from the need for housing and the desire to protect it from development.
This looks good. I would change to "People need houses to live in"