mike29
question concerning a private lesson with a teacher Hi, I'm meeting my Japanese teacher for the very first time next week and I'm really nervous! Do you have any tips what to talk about? I'm not that good of a speaker and that's why I decided to set up a lesson with her. We're meeting at a local café and I have no idea what to do to keep the conversation going as well as being able to understand and convey what I want. Thanks for any tips!
It's your teacher's job to put you at ease. Don't try to impress anyone; just enjoy the experience.
One thing i do in Japanese even if i dont understand is say そうですね、そそそ、なるほど。Sometimes it allows the conversation to flow enough until it moves unto another topic that you have more vocabulary for.
you can talk about your nervousness with your teacher. Calm down and be yourself