Gabriel
Help(please) Hi, everyone Could you help me with a vocabulary question? What adjectives would you use to describe a kid who fakes a sickness to not go to school( or should I say "NOT TO GO TO SCHOOL"??), or maybe does something (like eating something they weren't supposed to eat) and blames it on the dog, for example. Or if a kid asks her/his mother to order pizza because "her/his brother is hungry", when in fact the kid is the one who wants pizza. Could I say "she/he is so sneaky" or maybe "slick"? What about tricky, crafty or sly? Which one of them could you use? What if I was talking about an adult or a teenager Thank you
I'd probably say "sneaky" or "tricky," but "sly" also works. Another option is "devious." I also agree with Alysson that "naughty" could work, too, but "naughty" doesn't quite capture the fact that the kid is using deception/trickery to do naughty things. >>a kid who fakes a sickness to not go to school( or should I say "NOT TO GO TO SCHOOL"??) Both are fine. :) In formal writing, you should say "not to go to school" (because it's best to avoid using "split infinitives" when possible). In normal speech, though, people will say it both ways.
I would user the word 'sneaky', or 'cheeky' . 'Sly' is far too strong for me to describe a child. Describing someone as 'sly' implies they have the maturity/age/experience to know better. But a child isn't there yet, so 'sly' is too negative a word for me.
Shortly: Definition of "sly" in Cambridge Dictionary: - deceiving people in a clever way in order to get what you want. That's it! Cheers!
Hello Gabriel!!!! I think a good adjective to describe a kid like that is naughty!!!! He’s a naughty child.
Please