younes
gist of sentence? hi there can you simply meaning of this sentense for me??? Russel-James,” he went on, “every now and then a person comes along who has a different view of the world than does the usual person. Notice I said ‘usual,’ not normal.’ “Russel-James,” he went on, “every now and then a person comes along who has a different view of the world than does the usual person. Notice I said ‘usual,’ not normal.’ That does not make him crazy. An acute perception does not make you crazy. However, sometimes it drives you crazy.” “Talk normal,” I begged him. “You know I don’t understand that garbage.”
The gist is that Russel-James is an extraordinary person who views the world differently than the ordinary person does. Here's a paraphrasing of the sentence. He continued his speech: "Once in a while, we see someone like Russel-James. They view the world quite differently than the ordinary person does. But I don't mean that they'are abnormal or crazy. They are just extraordinary."