Pelin
Are both sentences OK? He was arrested for attempting wounding. or He was arrested for attempting bodily harm.
Andrew is correct. THe first one is incorrect. He was arrested for attempting (something) or (to do something) He was arrested for attempting a bank robbery. He was arrested for attempting to rob a bank. In legal English, you would use the noun. In reporting (newspapers, tv, etc), you would use the verb.
The first sentence is wrong as wounding is not an official charge as far as I know and using two present continuous verbs (attempting wounding) next to each other isn't correct in English. You can instead say "he was arrested for attempted murder". The second sentence would be correct if you swap attempting with causing. "He was arrested for causing bodily harm". I hope it helps. Good luck on your English journey.