Holly Petty
Anyone have any books they recommend for learning kanji? Please and thank you! I have the GENKI 1 book and workbook but I wondered if there was another book that teaches all the kanji and their meaning. No rush for an answer because I'm still practicing Hiragana and have to learn katakana but I would like to know so I can keep a lookout for it.
One of your options would be "Unko Kanji Drill" (Poop kanji drill), our national best seller for children who think studying kanji is totally boring. This book looks too funny at first glance, but the example sentences in it are cool, elaborate, and polite ones except for the word, "poop". I find the authors gave their all to make people/children feel studying kanji is fun. I think this is a good book even for foreigners. Please find how YouTubers talk in English about this book. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unko+kanj+drill