Ramin
Though and Although.. these two words are pretty confusing and I can't learn when it should be used in a sentence, exactly. Can anyone describe it first, then give me some examples to make clarify them for me?
As an adverb, you can use "though" in the following way. Here it means "however" For example: The hotel is expensive. It's a great place, though. As a conjunction, you can use "although" or "even though" to mean "in spite of". Otherwise, the words are synonymous. For example: Although (or even though) many people attended the party, there was enough food for everyone.
I even don't know how it works. Could you please describe it first and let me know when exactly it should be used?
Although is more common and usually more formal. They usually mean the same thing. Although is likely at the beginning of a sentence, "Although, we should probably leave later when it's not as hot outside." Though is usually at the end of a sentence, when speaking casually. "Want to play basketball?" "Sure, it is pretty hot outside though." Though can be at the beginning, but although is almost never at the end of a sentence. By the way, it is confusing it took me a while to think about this.