Na Nobu
How to use "You" Sometimes you means "people", right? Are these sentences below correct? ・Did you say, "video game"? You call it "TEREBI game" in Japanese. Sometimes I wonder if I should use "we" instead in the latter one... I'd appreciate it if you answerd it.
In English, "you" is the second person singular and the second person plural. In this case, I agree with you. "We" (all of us) sounds better. We call the game, "TEREBI" in Japanese. You can also say, You call the game, "TEREBI" in Japanese. (This means 'the people' in general.)
Cute kitty.
I agree with Michael. One way to get around it is to just say it in passive - "Is it called a "video game" in English? It's called TEREBI game in Japanese."
Michael, thank you so much as always! I mostly understahd the difference of concept between you and we.
No sense in what you write. Maybe you can reformulate: In occident It's well known as videogame but in Japan we call it TEREBI game.