emar
An expensive month?? I cannot afford anything , is expensive the correct adjective? In a Formal letter I understand your point of view but you might want to consider postponing the fee rise for a less expensive month? ??as children are starting school now Thank you
I understand your point of view, but you might want to consider postponing the fee increase to a month in which school expenses aren't so pressing.
I agree with Ross. "An expensive month" makes sense and sounds fine for casual speech, but doesn't really look right for a formal letter. I think Ross's suggestion works well. You could try something like: "I understand your point of view, but you might want to consider postponing the fee rise to a later month, as people have other expenses right now, with children starting school."
I think we would use this informally "July is an expensive month as my wife has a birthday" but maybe not formally. I might say something like "People have other expenses in August" in a formal letter. Maybe other people will disagree with me though :)
Your use of the word 'expensive' is grammatically correct and makes sense in the sentence you provided here.