Mathias
What does it mean: "Courtney's the one from Hannah's room?" I fond this phase in a book but I didn't get that. First of all, Is it Courtney is or was? and does "the one" refer to Courtney? My guess is: Courtney was in Hannah's room.
"Courtney's the one from Hannah's room?" It's hard to know for sure without more context. It sounds like it means that Courtney is the person who is from the same classroom, bedroom, or dormitory, etc. as Hannah.
Adding context could help this question.
I guess It's like they are playing a game. At first, Courtney stayed in Hannah's room, and maybe Jeff was in John's room. And then, Both Coutney and Jeff came out to a third place. And someone asked "Who is Courtney?" Another guy replied "Courtney is the one from Hannah's room". So they are using the room to specify players in the game. I'm not a native speaker. I wonder if my guess is right. xD