emar
At a time that is convenient to you, does it make sense requesting an appointment? It is a formal letter I would like to request an appointment with you in your office at a time that is convenient to you in the upcoming week.I need to discuss matters that affect to the purchase big a flat . Thank you
Hi Emarbe. Besides being concise, another way to be a good writer is to avoid redundancy. There's no need for the second "you" because it's already been established who you want the appointment with. (I changed "need" to "want" because it puts you in a more powerful position.) Here's a better version: I would like to request an appointment with you in your office next week at your convenience. I want to discuss purchasing a large flat.
Here is another simple and straight forward alternative. I would say the following if I were speaking to a secretary or receptionist. "I would like to make an appointment for next week to discuss the purchase of a large flat." There is usually no necessity to mention their office or their convenience. Hope this helps
Yes, it makes sense. (You can probably delete "in your office" unless this person holds appointments outside of their office too.) I would change the second sentence to: I would like to discuss matters regarding the purchase of a flat. (You can use "a big purchase" if you reeeeaaallly want to keep "big" in.)
I would say "... at a time that is convenient for you this week. I would like to discuss some issues related to renting/purchasing [whichever is more accurate in the situation] the flat. Thank you."