Andrés
I need a preposition..!! These kind of sentences are impossible to me, -Evidence supporting facultative personality calibration is growing... is it possible to put some preposition at some place? _________ In Spanish we use a lot the prepositions, so that's explains my need to see a preposition to understand the sentence... Thank you for answering
Actually, your sentence includes a reduced relative clause (this is good style in English — nice and succinct). If we restore the full relative clause, the grammar will be the same as in Spanish: Evidence *that supports* facultative personality calibration is growing….
You could say: Evidence in support of facultative personality calibration is growing...
Thank you Gray for your helpful comment... I was just reading a BBC news and I remained quite surprised before that sentence... I didn't know how to catch it... Yes, I think the same, it is a very dense written style... Unless I now know that it's possible to change some words and even the grammar order
Both of Elizabeth's options are good. To add even more prepositions (and greater clarity, I think), another option would be: "There is growing evidence in support of facultative personality calibration." Neil is right, though -- there's nothing wrong with the grammar of the sentence. It's just written in a very dense style. It's correct, but rather difficult to read.
"Evidence that supports FPC is growing..." would work.