Jock
How to say "I specialize in ...." In Chinese For example " I am a scientist who specializes in biology" Thank you for any replies
我 是 生物学家。 我的 专业 是 生物学。
can use different grammer pattern 1,noun, biology+家 or biology+学家 ,means Biologists,others like 动物学家,物理学家,化学家,科学家,哲理家... the sentences could be: 我是生物学家 我是生物方面的专家(方面--aspect,专家--specialist) 2,adv+verb 专门研究,专攻,擅长+verb... the sentences could be" 我专门研究生物 我专攻生物 我擅长研究生物 also there is a lot of other expression can use for this sentences,but that use more common:)
For someone who specializes in a certain field or who is an expert, we have a suffix : 家, an equivalent to 【-ist】in English, as in 【scientist】. We have 科学家,企业家,思想家,政治家,文学家,书法家, and, curiously, 野心家 which is funny as it is derogative. " I am a scientist who specializes in biology" would be 我是生物学家, as biology is 生物学。 Well, some people are so modest they don't feel like calling themselfves XXX家, they might say 我是搞/做生物的。(I do biology for a living.)
I specialize in..... means 我专于.... or 在...方面专业, or 擅长于... I am a scientist who specializes in biology : 我是生物学方面的科学家
我是一個專攻生物學的科學家