Elena Belkina
Off and on me now? Hello. I'm watching Alien 3, where a group of men are fighting the alien at a refinery. They lured it into a waste tank with thick steel walls and shut the door. Later, Golic, a man who finds the creature fascinating, arrives at the containment chamber and after looking at the shut door says to Arthur, who is standing guard: Golic: Off and on me now? Arthur: What the hell you talking about? Golic: Talk to me, the beast. Arthur: You can't go in there, idiot. The big mother will eat you alive. After that, Golic kills Arthur, opens up the door and enters the tank. It seems that by saying "Off and on me now?" Golic asks Arthur to let him in, but the wording doesn't make any sense to me. I wonder if you could explain it to me. And I think this is important: Golic seems to be a retard.
Yes. I found the audio file, too. Seems like it's nothing but gibberish.
I googled the quotes. Sounds like the quotes are difficult to hear, and some parts of the sentences get lost. But possibly: "Off and on. Me now." -- not sure if this makes more sense in context, but the guy is an idiot anyway "I have to talk to the beast" -- which makes more sense NOTE: "retard" is considered an offensive word, use with care
It's hard to say without more context. Also, "Talk to me, the beast" doesn't make sense. In general, "on me" refers to being accountable or responsible for something. Example: All the guests left their dirty dishes in the livingroom so now it's on me to clean up the mess. Another use of "on me" is like: There's a bug on me; get it off!
I think that is correct, Jan: Golic most likely says "Often on me now?" However, it doesn't make any sense to me, either. What could "Often on me now?" mean?
Golic's words make no sense to me. Could it be he said, "Often on me now?"