Никита
It / its Please, when i should use - " It " And when - "its " ---- not " it's" ---- but "its"
Hi, In English we have the following subject pronouns: I, you, he/she/it, we, you, they. Together with the verb «to be» we have the following conjugation: I am (I'm), you are (you're), he/she/it is (he's/she's/it's), we are (we're), you are (you're), they are (they're). So IT'S means IT IS. «The sky is cloudy today. It's going to rain». We use ITS as a possessive adjective Possessive adjectives are MY, YOUR, HIS/HER/ITS, OUR, YOUR, THEIR. «My city is small. Its population is about 1,200».
It's is a shortening of 'It' plus the verb 'is'. Example: He is sick = He's sick. Its means 'belonging to 'it'. It is NOT a shortening of 'it' and 'is'. An example of 'its' is, 'See that cat ... its fur is black'. 'its fur is black' = 'the fur belonging to it is black'.