Victor Khanin
FEELINGS Could you please check my examples? Are there any mistakes? 1. My flight was delayed and I was really worried about being late for my train, so I decided to book another ticket on the train by the Internet. 2. I was surprised that the hotel turned out to be quite good. Last time I had to live in a rented flat and it was terrible. 3. I was pleased to get an invitation from my colleagues to have dinner with them, but actually I refused because I felt too tired. 4. I was upset that I had caught a cold right in the first day of my vocation. It’s not much fun to have to work when you don’t feel very good. 5. The dog next door growled at me, and since that moment I was afraid of it. 6. I was annoyed with the coffee in the office - it was absolutely horrible.
Hi Victor, firstly, congratulations on your English! You have a good level! Your sentences are on the whole fine, mostly grammatically correct. Your level of English is but sometimes could be expressed a little more clearly. A couple of thoughts below: 1. My flight was delayed and I was really worried about being late for my train, so I decided to book another ticket on the train by the Internet. (might be better to say " to book another train ticket on the internet) 2. I was surprised that the hotel turned out to be quite good. Last time I had to live in a rented flat and it was terrible. (Second part of this sentence suggests that you had not choice but to live in a rented flat last time. Is this what you meant?) 3. I was pleased to get an invitation from my colleagues to have dinner with them, but actually I refused because I felt too tired. (might be better to say 'but I had to refuse because I felt too tired' - this feels a little more polite to me. 4. I was upset that I had caught a cold right in the first day of my vocation. It’s not much fun to have to work when you don’t feel very good. (by 'vocation' did you mean work? might be better to say 'on the first day of my new job'. At the end, 'good' is an adjective - more grammatically correct to say 'very well' although many people now answer how are you? with 'I'm good' rather than 'I'm well.' Language evolves! 5. The dog next door growled at me, and since that moment I was afraid of it. (either since then, or from that moment.. and 'I have been afraid of it'. 6. I was annoyed with the coffee in the office - it was absolutely horrible. (usually annoyed with someone or annoyed about something, so 'annoyed about the coffee') Hope that helps?