Andrés
How to understand the function of "with" in this sentence? "CBD is actually hard to cook with" ____________________ From my spanish point of view it misses something after "with"... Could you clear that, please?
You could rearrange the sentence so that it sounds better to your Spanish ear... "It is actually hard to cook with CBD" The word "with" is a preposition, and a preposition shows a relationship between the noun (CBD) and the verb (cook). In English, if you are writing in a very formal way, you should avoid putting the preposition at the end of the sentence, but it's not an error if you do so. Example... Which journal was your article published in? (informal/casual) In which journal was your article published? (formal)
Half a century ago, when I was a child, I was taught that it was incorrect to end a sentence with a preposition. However, language is constantly evolving, and since in reality it's not common to say, "From where do you come?", it has become acceptable to say, "Where do you come from?" Therefore, "CBD is actually hard to cook with," is correct.
Karl's answer is easy to live with. :)