Robbe
ここにます? Are these both correct? My wife is here. ? 私の家内はここにます ? 私の家内はここにいます 有り難う
I see now. Ueda, you have been using the comment section to post answers. Comments cannot be marked as answers. If you click on the green button farther up that says "answer this question", you can type the same text but it will be an "answer" instead. I was also putting my answers into the comments section, until today!
Oh, please don't worry about it. It would be my pleasure if only I could be of any help to you.
Thank you. That's what I thought. The site won't let me mark Ueda's comments as answers for some reason though.
Other than the usage of "ます", I'd like to let you know one thing. Some women might say "家内" is not an appropriate name for a husband to call his wife because it is sometimes thought to exemplify feudal relationship in Japanese families. So, you might as well just say "妻" instead of " 家内".