Anna
What’s the best way to finish the essay? “Playing ESL games in the classroom obviously has some outcome. Considering what games can do for a teacher and students, they are very valuable and should be used during lessons. A teacher has to make sure that the games he is going to use are high quality and related to the theme. Most importantly, they help to make learning of English language fun as this is the main purpose using them” This is the final part of my essay and I feel there should be some changes made.. Could someone recommend me the better way of ending it please? ^_^
The traditional structure of a essay is "Tell them what you're going to say, then say it, then tell them what you said." The introduction and the conclusion are both overviews that include the main points you are making. The introduction prepares the readers for those points, the conclusion reminds the reader of what they were. So it's hard to judge your ending without knowing your beginning. The conclusion, the "peroration," can be less formal and a little more emotional that what has gone before. You've used facts and logic earlier. The conclusion is a time to do a little "selling." If you, yourself, have used ESL games in a classroom, I would go ahead and use personal language here--the pronouns "I" and "me"--unless your teacher has told you not to. Your main point is that you think games should be used. You think they are valuable. That's the most important point, so that should be the last thing you say. The qualifications--high quality, related to the theme, fun--come earlier. Taking some guesses, and re-writing your paragraph, here's one idea: "First, the game needs to be relevant to the lesson. If you are teaching prepositions the game must be about prepositions. Second, the game must be fun. If the game isn't fun, it won't work just because it is 'a game.' Good games are valuable in the classroom. I use games, I like them, and I recommend them."
“Playing ESL games in the classroom obviously has some positive outcomes. Games are very valuable for both teachers and students and should be used during lessons. A teacher must make sure that the games are high quality and related to the theme. Properly chosen games ensure that students are engaged with the learning process. Most importantly, games make learning fun, and this is the main purpose for using them."
Hi Anna, let me have a think... - We can conclude that using games in the ESL classroom leads to positive learning outcomes. Both students and teachers benefit from incorporating games into lessons, therefore they are very valuable and should be included regularly. Teachers must ensure that planned games are appealing and related to the lesson theme for them to be effective. Ultimately, games help to make English fun for students and this is the most important reason for using them. This is the clearest version I could make, focusing on using plain English to express your meaning. What do you think? :)