Kihwan jung
"settle over", "film of great weight" meaning. I brought the original sentence below from "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" she ceased to move, as the instinctive, omnipresent film of great weight, of an almost absolute inertia, settled over her. Here are my guesses 1. film of great weight = A film that is really heavy or A film that is really important. 2. settle over = settle down or fall down or drop etc..
Your guesses are very close. Film in this case refers to a thin membrane and great weight is very heavy and in a different context could be very important. However I suspect , although I'd need a wider context to be sure, that in this case it's a synonym for inertia and not an actual film or weight. Settle over is indeed to lay something or drape something on top of something else eg to settle the blanket over a sleeping child.