Pelin
Are both the same? That's pretty much it. It's very much like that.
They could be used interchangeablly in some situations, but as Franziska says, not in general. . If we had just seen something come to an end, complete, over. I might say either; That's pretty much it. It's very much like that. The first means approximately "it's finished" or "the state it is in, is the state it stays in" The second means "That is how it ends"." or "That is the way it is from here on". So, in such a context, they could mean pretty much the same. That's pretty much it. It's very much like that. (as I said) :)
They´re not the same at all That´s pretty much it means there´s nothing to ad. Is this all the furniture you want moved? Yeah, that´s pretty much it. It´s very much like that: I heard the countryside is very green in England because it´s always raining. Yeah, it´s very much like that.