Huiyu Ren
How to say "to do my doctorate major in social theoty" auf Deutsch? I want to express the meaning that I want to "Sozialtheotie studieren" and get phD in this field. How to say that auf Deutsch? I found the verb "promovoeren" but it means to get the Phd title instead of "to do my doctorate"
I'll do my doctorate major in social theory => Ich werde meinen Doktortitel in Sozialtheorie machen. => Ich werde mein Doktorat in Sozialtheorie machen. [uncommon, weird way to say that] => Ich werde mit dem Hauptfach Sozialtheorie promovieren. => Ich werde im Hauptfach Sozialtheorie promovieren. => Ich werde in Sozialtheorie promovieren. Alles geht. Die Promotion endet immer mit dem Doktortitel (Ph.D.) See: Doctorate From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,A doctorate (from Latin docere, "to teach") or doctor's degree (from Latin doctor, "teacher") or doctoral degree, is an academic degree awarded by universities, derived from the ancient formalism licentia docendi ("licence to teach"). In most countries, it is a research degree that qualifies the holder to teach at university level in the degree's field, or to work in a specific profession. There are a variety of names for doctoral degrees; the most common is the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), which is awarded in many different fields, ranging from the humanities to scientific disciplines. In the United States and some other countries, there are also some types of vocational, technical, or professional degrees that are referred to as doctorates. Professional doctorates historically came about to meet the needs of practitioners in a variety of disciplines. However, the necessity of these degrees may vary greatly across disciplines, making their significance unclear.
ein Doktorat is a doctorate😊
in Sozialtheorie promovieren
Thank u. But how to express "to do doctorate major in Sozialtheorie"?
In fact, "promovieren" in German means both: the process of writing your PhD thesis as well as getting the degree.