Lan lan
Please help me correct the sentences below 1. There were far fewer professional athletes in the past. 2. There were far more professional athletes in the past. 3. The kinder he is, the more his mother is proud of him. 4. The friendlier she is, the more everyone loves her. 5. The more you study, the better the results are. 6. Mary is 60kg, Peter is 70kg. How many kg is Peter heavier than Mary? Mary is 10kg lighter than Peter. Peter is 10kg heavier than Mary. 7. My dress is $10 more expensive than your dress. Your dress is $10 cheaper than my dress. 8.Peter scored 4 points fewer than Mary. 9. Peter scored 4 fewer points than Mary. 10. Mary scored 4 more points than Peter. 11. Mary scored 4 points more than Peter. 12. Mary is 20 years old. Peter is 15 years old. How much older is Mary than Peter? Mary is 5 years older than Peter. 13. Mary worked for 12 hours a day 10 years ago. Now she works only 8 hours a day. She works 4 hours fewer than 10 years ago. 14. Peter works 4 hours more than 10 years ago. 15. Peter finished his exam 15 minutes earlier than allowed time.
Correct for what? Grammar, naturalness? Many years ago in school, I was told that writing a numeral, for example "4" instead of "four" was lazy for any number less than ten. 1. There were far fewer professional athletes in the past. - ok 2. There were far more professional athletes in the past. - ok 3. The kinder he is, the more his mother is proud of him. - ok 4. The friendlier she is, the more everyone loves her. - ok 5. The more you study, the better the results are. - ok 6. Mary is 60kg, Peter is 70kg. How many kg is Peter heavier than Mary? Mary is 10kg lighter than Peter. Peter is 10kg heavier than Mary. - ok (I'd use a full stop/period, not a comma). 7. My dress is $10 more expensive than your dress. Your dress is $10 cheaper than my dress. - ok 8.Peter scored 4 points fewer than Mary. - ok 9. Peter scored 4 fewer points than Mary. - ok 10. Mary scored 4 more points than Peter. - ok 11. Mary scored 4 points more than Peter. - ok 12. Mary is 20 years old. Peter is 15 years old. How much older is Mary than Peter? Mary is 5 years older than Peter. - ok 13. Mary worked for 12 hours a day 10 years ago. Now she works only 8 hours a day. She works 4 hours fewer than 10 years ago. - ok (I'd say worked 12 hours a day. No "for". "fewer"? or "less"? four fewer hours, four hours less.) 14. Peter works 4 hours more than 10 years ago. - ok. (I'd add "now". Peter now works 4 hours more than 10 years ago.) 15. Peter finished his exam 15 minutes earlier than allowed time. - ok
15: Peter finished his exam 15 minutes earlier than THE allowed time. 13:Mary worked for 12 hours a day 10 years ago. Now she works only 8 hours a day. She works 4 hours less than she did 10 years ago. All the rest sound good to me.