younes
I can't do well--can do people good, and do people good. hi there:whats gist and meaing of this sentence: " I can't do well--can do people good, and do people good." Well, I'm not sure what it is. And, incidentally, I know one, of one autistic artist who became a great menace as a forger. He is now employed in one of the great auction houses and he's very good at telling other people's forgeries! Studs Terkel Really? Oliver Sacks Yes. Studs Terkel This is interesting. So this guy became, so a, someone, a creative autist can go two ways. I can't do well--can do people good, and do people good. this is another version of trancript:Really? This is interesting, so this guy became … A creative autist can go two ways: I can’t do well, can dupe people good, and dupe people good.
can do (x) and do (x) (good/well or some other word) = the person thinks they can x= act (for example) and they do act act well/excellent or whatever. but because you have not showed us the interview in full we do not know what the interviewer and interviewee were talking about. in the interviewer the interviewed person negated the first part to mean I can't do (x) whatever x is/was but can can people and do them good, presumably he is talking about acting people, or painting people or mimicking people or something like that, but we can only guess from the limited information you supply us with.
Because it is a transcript of an interview, it's a bit confusing. I think he means that he can't do well while also doing good for others.