Oleg here
Could u please expain me using GET? I'll be glad if u help me to make that's hard GET through :D 1. Everybody get ready, wait for my signal. Question: Could I use "everybody be ready"? 2. Well, I'll let you two get acquainted. Question: Could I use "I'll let u two acquaint"? 3. Archi got hot. Question: Archi was in hot temperetute or Archi became a hot man? 4. Get them on the same page. Question: What does it mean on Earth? Is that like "make them"?
1. You would use "get ready" in that context because they are getting ready right then and there (right at that exact time). "Be ready" is used for events farther in the future. Ex: He's coming right now! Everyone get ready (or get in position to surprise him). He's coming in an hour. I want everybody to be ready by then. 2. No 3. Without context it could mean he got hot temperature-wise, got more attractive, or got sexually aroused. Ex: I got hot sitting in the sun all day. Did you see Tom? He got so hot! (attractive) He got hot after seeing the woman walk by. (uncommon and a little dated/old-fashioned) 4. To get on the same page means to make sure that both people fully understand or are aware of something. It could be instructions, or they could be trying to coordinate an event, or they could be trying to sort out a misunderstanding. It is very versatile.
Hi , "Get" is one of those power words in English that attaches itself to many verbs and adds all kinds of different meanings . To get to your questions: 1. Everybody get ready, wait for my signal. Question: Could I use "everybody be ready"? -------> You could use "everybody be ready" but it is not common . "Everybody get ready " is the main expression "Get " here means to prepare and organize yourself to do something 2. Well, I'll let you two get acquainted. Question: Could I use "I'll let u two acquaint"? -----> "I'll let u two acquaint" does not sound right here and we don't say that. "get acquainted" is correct- the "get" here means carrying out a process of something. Archi got hot. Question: Archi was in hot temperetute or Archi became a hot man? ------->"got hot" in itself has lots of meanings but let's assume it is talking about the temperature , "Got" here means to go from one state of things to become another . Got sick, got married, got lost, got fired etc... 4. Get them on the same page. Question: What does it mean on Earth? Is that like "make them"? -------> Here ," Get them on the same page. " means to arrange things or help them so they both are agreeing with each other. The "get ", here, means to make something happen. Get him to see his mistake, get her on the telephone for me, get the students to clean the blackboard, get the citizens to vote for me etc,,, These "gets" are just a small sample of the ways it used in English. I suggest you make it a little research project to learn all the ways "get " is used in English. It should take about a month or more! Get busy!! :) Answers • 0
Hi , "Get" is one of those power words in English that attaches itself to many verbs and adds all kinds of different meanings . To get to your questions: 1. Everybody get ready, wait for my signal. Question: Could I use "everybody be ready"? -------> You could use "everybody be ready" but it is not common . "Everybody get ready " is the main expression "Get " here means to prepare and organize yourself to do something 2. Well, I'll let you two get acquainted. Question: Could I use "I'll let u two acquaint"? -----> "I'll let u two acquaint" does not sound right here and we don't say that. "get acquainted" is correct- the "get" here means carrying out a process of something. Archi got hot. Question: Archi was in hot temperetute or Archi became a hot man? ------->"got hot" in itself has lots of meanings but let's assume it is talking about the temperature , "Got" here means to go from one state of things to become another . Got sick, got married, got lost, got fired etc... 4. Get them on the same page. Question: What does it mean on Earth? Is that like "make them"? -------> Here ," Get them on the same page. " means to arrange things or help them so they both are agreeing with each other. The "get ", here, means to make something happen. Get him to see his mistake, get her on the telephone for me, get the students to clean the blackboard, get the citizens to vote for me etc,,, These "gets" are just a small sample of the ways it used in English. I suggest you make it a little research project to learn all the ways "get " is used in English. It should take about a month or more! Get busy!! :)