Kai
English Grammar Hi friends what function does "that" serve in this context?. They were all truly powerful and truly kind that I was able to fight alongside them all the time is my greatest pride.
I believe the punctuation is wrong. It should probably be: “They were all truly powerful and truly kind. That I was able to fight alongside them all the time is my greatest pride.” “That I was able to fight alongside them all the time is my greatest pride” could be reversed: “My greatest pride is that I was able to fight alongside them all the time.” Alternatively, we could keep the original order, while replacing the clause with a gerund phrase (in the perfect, since the verb we’ve replaced is past-tense): “Having been able to fight alongside them all the time is my greatest pride.”
Kai
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Hokkien), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian