Ezzat Yaseen
Undermine Please give me some examples from the daily life of " undermine".
Everyday uses in spoken English relate to undermining authority or confidence "Don't undermine me in front of the children! I already told them it was bedtime!" "His constant criticism has really undermined my confidence."
Undermine means to try to ruin or block someone's success . 1.The Democrats are always trying to undermine President Trump's plan for a border Wall. The wall still isn't built after two years. 2. Drinking heavily and taking drugs could undermine your chances of a good future career. 3. Hitler's plan for a invasion and takeover in Stalingrad during WW2 was undermined by a terrible snowstorm that winter that made condition for attack impossible.
I would say it's not a word used that often but here are some examples: If I point out a mistake made by a police officer in front of a large group of people he might say "You're undermining my authority" If I made a mistake that ruined my friend's plans you she might say "You undermined my whole plan!" If I have a coworker who is constantly pointing out my mistakes in front of everyone else I might say "Don't undermine me" To me it feels like I would use it in situations that it felt like someone ruined someone's authority or a plan with malicious intent.