Rodrigo
What's the difference between Until and Up To Hi, I have two sentences here and I'd like to know which is correct: - we're going to run until the park. - we're going to run up to the park. In what situations do I have to use them? Thank you for helping me!!
2nd one is correct. Untill is used with a time frame. U can use the 1st sentence like this...we are going to run untill we reach the the park.....now in this case we indirectly included a time frame.
- we're going to run until the park. > doesn't make sense we're going to run until we reach/get to the park - we're going to run up to the park. > This can make sense. 'Up to' usually means up to the front of (facing the object). It can sometimes just mean 'to go to.' Facing examples: I went up to the statue. I went up to the building. I went up to him. Go to examples: We went up to the school for an hour. We went up to Washington DC for vacation. (they drove to DC) We went up to the top of the mountain.