Oksana
Olvidarme in the Past tense (Pretérito Indefinido) Hello ! Could you please explain me how to make past tense using word olvidarme ? Olvidar in the past is olvide. So I thought olvidarme should be like "me olvide". But google translator says "olvídame". Could you please explain how to write such kind of words in the past tense? Thank you for help in advance.
Preterit olvidé = I forgot (nuance of being on purpose) me olvidé de = I forgot (nuance of being on accident) Olvidar is transitive. Intento olvidar el nombre de mi ex. I try to forget my ex's name. Olvidarse is intransitive and followed by 'de.' Me olvíde de hacerlo. I forgot to do it. Se Construction se me olvidó = I forgot something that was singular (with the nuance of being on accident) se me olvidaron = I forgot something that was plural (with the nuance of being on accident) Commands / Imperative olvídame = forget me / forget about me (informal command) olvídeme = forget me / forget about me (formal command)
olvidar is in the infinitive. So it could be combined with other auxiliare verbs in any tense: No puedo olivar(me) de esto. No pude olvidar(me) de esto. In the past tense, if you want to use olvidarme, you me construct any of the forms in the past: - El año pasado quise olvidarme de todos mis problemas. - Cuando era niña quería olvidarme de los malos recuerdos. - Después de que me había olvidado de aquella casa, pasé de nuevo enfrente de ella y mis recuerdos volvieron.